System Rescue CD v0.3.0 released
- Updated the kernel to Linux-22.214.171.124 with Reiser4
- Added xorg graphical environment with WindowMaker
- Added gparted-0.3.3 to replace qtparted
- Added ntfs3g-beta-20061212 (full NTFS Read/Write)
- Added graphical editors (gvim, leafpad)
- Added graphical web browsers (firefox-2.0 and dillo)
- Updated the file-system tools (parted, e2fsprogs, xfsprogs, ...)
- Updated the system (glibc, clamav, ...)
- Updated the bootdisks
I used it a couple of times to fix my linux-box and, in general, my pc. It’s the swift knife of every good admin. The only “fault” of it? The project is growing only on x86: PPC is sucking.
p.s. I want to highlight to you the most important features in this release, for me: the usage of GParted, better of any other partitioning tool on linux, and the driver NTFS3G.